The proof of the pudding is in the eating, cooking should be fun from start to finish!
Herb Braised Chicken with Sherry and Olives
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1.6kg whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 8 French shallots, peeled
- 250ml (1 cup) dry sherry
- 250ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- 175g (1 cup) kalamata olives
- 2 tbs drained capers, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs sweet paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat oil in a casserole dish over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken, turning, for 6 minutes or until brown. Add the shallots and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Remove from heat. Pour over sherry and stock.
- Step 2Add the olives, capers and garlic. Sprinkle with paprika, oregano and thyme. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover. Bake for a further 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.